Haqdarshak Empowerment Solutions is one of the few pitches in Shark Tank India that aims at bringing an impact at grassroots levels. It is a mobile and web platform that helps people to avail the benefits of government schemes.
Every year government makes schemes, especially for people in rural areas for their social and economic welfare, but sadly these schemes do not reach most people. This is the problem that Haqdarshak is trying to solve for the past 8 years.
Let us know how they have impacted and empowered the lives of more than 25,00,000 people.
Haqdarshak Empowerment Solutions Pvt ltd & Haqdarshak Meaning
The two main reasons for the government schemes not reaching all the people of this country are:
- They are unaware of the scheme or do not have the right information.
- Even if they are aware, they don’t get the support for application and support till the last mile.
This is what Haqdarshak is trying to change. They not only spread awareness about the schemes that people are eligible for but also provide an agent which will assist you till the last mile to make sure that they receive the full benefit of the government scheme.
Let us check out their strategy.
They basically are approaching this problem by attacking it from 4 different directions so that they can cover all the strata of our society.
- For rural areas, villages, and tribal areas they have trained agents, who go from door to door to spread awareness about the schemes that they are eligible for.
They record their personal details and accordingly make them aware of all the schemes that they can apply for.
They also give these people the option of booking a Haqdarshak for ₹50. This Haqdarshak provides them assistance for all the processes such as application, and documentation till the very end to make sure that these people land all the government schemes in their kitty.
- They have something called a Yojna card for urban folks. These cards are for Individuals with an irregular household income of less than INR 20,000 a month. This includes:
- Construction workers
- Sanitation workers
- Domestic workers
- Gig-economy fleet workers
- Truck drivers
- Factory workers
- Other daily wage earners
They also include nano and micro businesses with a turnover of less than INR 10,00,000 a year. This includes
- Street vendors
- Kirana stores
Benefits of Yojana card:
- You will get a physical card with a unique QR code.
- Scan the QR code on the card using their smartphone and view their scheme list whenever they want (no app download needed).
- You can also keep on updating your personal information to identify new schemes for yourselves (no agent needed).
- You can easily know which documents are needed for your applications
- The Social Security Code makes it compulsory for all companies to provide government schemes not only to their employees but their entire supply chain as well, which includes factory workers, gig workers, construction workers, etc.
Till now they have worked with more than 110 corporates. They give Haqdarshak contracts. Under this, they give two services per person for ₹500.
- They have also helped more than 50,000 micro-businesses by making them aware and assisting them with the schemes that the government provides. So that they can sustain and thrive in their business. To date, they have disbursed more than ₹5,000 crores in micro business.
On average the government has 50 to 55 schemes per person for rural areas and 30 to 35 schemes per person for Urban areas.
Let us look at some of their Statistics:
- They have impacted more than 26 lakh individuals.
- They have delivered 23 lakh application support services.
- 36,662 micro-business impacted.
- 25563 Haqdarshaks trained. (These agents earn around ₹20,000 to ₹25,000 every month)
- ₹4000 crores value of benefits unlocked.
- Operating in 24+ states.
- They have digitized around 7,000 to 7,500 government schemes.
- They have an all-women CXO team and almost 90% of their agents are women.
Let us walk through their Goals and Impact:
Their goal is to disburse around ₹2,00,00,00,00,000 worth of money that every year our government allocates through schemes to 9,00,00,000 people who belong to the poor section of the country.
In 10 years they want to be India’s biggest Social Security Company.
They have an exhaustive database of 7000+ states and central welfare schemes. Which are translated into 11 Indian languages and are available through web and mobile channels.
Their technology involves features like beneficiary onboarding, a customizable eligibility engine, and an end-to-end application workflow. In addition, they have comprehensive data portals and reporting capabilities to enable trust and reliability of services.
Their APIs can be subscribed to, and they have digital payment capabilities to increase the adoption of digital tools for beneficiaries.
Haqdarshak App and Haqdarshak Login
They also have an app, which you can download and browse through all the schemes and check eligibility by filling in your details. To download the app click here.
Aniket Doegar who is the founder of Haqdarshak has a 34% shareholding. His team has 30% another 30% is with the investors.
1st round: In 2016 May, they raised ₹1.25 crore in Angel funding for ₹10 crore valuation.
2nd round: Before COVID they raised ₹30 crores for ₹6.6 crores valuation.
3rd round: When the founder came to the shark tank it was a part of his bigger round in which he was aiming to raise ₹25 to ₹26 crores.
Haqdarshak Instagram, Social Media Platforms & Website
Haqdarshak Founder: Aniket Doegar
Aniket Deogar is the founder of the Haqdarshak. He was born and brought up in Shimla. After finishing school he pursued commerce at Shree Ram College and then studied at Standford University.
He was very interested in economics and Policies. For 4 to 5 years he worked at the grassroots level. He was a teacher at a government school for 2 years in rural Maharashtra. Then he worked IN Urban Delhi and then in Rajasthan.
While working at this level he noticed that everyone is facing the issue of a lack of awareness about government schemes.
When he considered that the government schemes would be different for people in west Maharashtra and for the people in East Maharashtra. He thought that this problem will require a technology-based solution and that is how he came up with Haqdarshak.
Haqdarshak Careers and Haqdarshak Jobs
You can check out the various job openings at Haqdarshak here.
Funding asked from the sharks
₹ 1 crore for 0.5% equity
Sales of the company
(2021-2022)- ₹15.5 crores, but they were at a loss because their operations were shut for 4 months because of COVID.
(2022 to 2023)- ₹30 crore sales.
Their EBITA is around 7%
Deal or no Deal?
Peyush Bansal offered ₹1 crore for 2% equity.
Namita Thapar and Aman Gupta offered ₹50 lakhs for 1% equity and ₹50 lakhs in debt for 10% interest..
Aniket counter offer was ₹1 crore for all three sharks together at 1.5% equity.
The deal was sealed at ₹1 crores (Peyush, Namita, and Aman) at 2% equity.
India can only truly change when social impact and business can merge. That is why we need more companies like Haqdarshak to bring change at the grassroots level. Let us know if you agree with this.
We hope that Haqdarshak can successfully achieve its goal of impacting the lives of 90,00,00,000 people of low socio-economic status and empower them.