1 Dollar = 4.76 INR,
1 Dollar = 82 INR.
The value of the Indian rupee against the US dollar is getting weaker year after year, which is why earning in dollars is more attractive than earning in rupees.
I however want to clarify that in order to successfully make money from any of the below-mentioned options, you need to have or develop a valuable skill set.
These are no quick schemes, quick fixes, or shortcuts to earn. You will have to put in honest hard work. But if you manage to crack down on any one of the options, you will earn in dollars and all your hard work and efforts will be paid off.
These are just the broader options that I am sharing with you. If you want to pursue any of the options further you will have to do more research. This blog will help you get started and give you a broad idea of the options that are available.
Let’s get started!!!
How To Earn In Dollars From India
According to Bloomberg, 75% of US businesses intend to hire freelancers because hiring a freelancer is cheaper than hiring a full-time employee.
This means that Freelancing is the future and they have a massive opportunity to earn in dollars.
How To Get Started
- Develop Skills and Be an Expert in Your Niche. Keep on learning and upgrading your knowledge.
- Build an attractive profile on websites from where you can get work. A good profile on LinkedIn is also helpful. Make sure that Your profile reflects your Personality, experience, and achievements. Do not make false claims here, because if you are caught out, your reputation will be ruined.
- Create a Portfolio that stands out, it should reflect your creativity and expertise. Having your website is a bonus for freelancers.
- Strong Work Ethic. A good portfolio and profile can only take you to a certain point, after that the freelancing game is all about your work ethic and ability to meet deadlines.
- Good Customer Relations. The aim should be that each and every customer should be satisfied with your work. You could encounter certain customers who are downright demanding, in which case you can compromise on customer satisfaction.
Don’t be shy to ask your satisfied customers to give your Referrals to others. This will make sure that you get a steady flow of work.
Customer satisfaction also gives you the power to charge premium rates for your services.
- Set Your Prices Competitively And Adjust Where Needed.
- Financial Literacy. Learning the basics of finance will help you keep your accounts organized, file taxes, budget, etc.
List of Websites That Pay In Dollars To Freelancers
* You don’t need to make an account on all these sites. Explore them and choose 2 or 3 that you feel will meet your needs and niche the best.
Youtubers Earn between $3 and $5 per Thousand Video Views on average. (this could vary depending on your content, location, and other factors)
Along with being a good source of learning and entertainment, YouTube is a good money-earning source too.
If you have something to share or teach people, which can help them improve their skills, provide them with any new knowledge or entertain them, then you can become a YouTuber.
However, Youtube has become immensely competitive, so in order to make a decent amount of money, you will need to create high-quality content.
I want to clarify that even if YouTube pays you in dollars when you receive it in India, it automatically gets converted into INR.
How Does YouTube Work?
- You can make money online through YouTube by creating engaging videos and tutorials.
- In order to earn money from your channel, you will have to be accepted to their YPP (YouTube Partner Program).
For that you will need to:
- Get 1,000 subscribers with 4,000 valid public watch hours in the last 12 months or
- Get 1,000 subscribers with 10 million valid public Shorts views in the last 90 days.
- If your channel meets their requirements and guidelines, they will accept your channel into YPP (Youtube Partner Program)
- Once accepted, youtube will start paying you depending on the reach of your YouTube videos.
- Many YouTubers earn through collaborations and brand deals too. If your channel is influential enough then you will be approached by the brands.
How to Start a YouTube Channel and the Skills That You Need?
- First, you will need to find your Niche. It could be anything that you have passion for, or have knowledge or experience about. Like yoga, Fashion, life coaching, and personal finance.
- Once you have a niche, create a channel on YouTube.
- After creating your official YouTube channel you need to start planning and researching the various topics you can create videos.
- After you finalize the topic you will have to write a good script based on your research.
- Now you need to start recording. Followed by which you will need to edit them to make them appealing and interesting.
- Then upload your video on the YouTube channel.
- Once uploaded you need to promote them on other social media platforms to increase your reach.
Note – It is important that you create video content that adds value to your viewer’s life. If you are a fresher you might not be able to make money initially. But if you work on delivering good-quality videos then people will start noticing you and watching your content.
Again I would like to bring your attention to the fact that, being a successful YouTuber will require you to constantly upgrade your research, content delivery, editing, and graphic designing skills.
If you are willing to take the bet, then YouTube might unlock bigger opportunities for you.
Also, most successful YouTubers do not make much from YouTube ads, they earn much more by promoting other brands and advertising their business on YouTube.
3. Starting Your Business With Amazon FBA Store
With Amazon FBA store you can sit in India and sell your products in the US through US Amazon and make profits in dollars.
FBA store basically means Fulfilment by Amazon. Here, the services provided by Amazon include:
- Storing your products in Amazon’s warehouse
- Packing and Delivering the orders to customers
- Provide Customer Service and handle Returns.
How To Get Started
STEP 1– Basically, you have to find a best-selling product on Amazon. I know you must be wondering how you are supposed to do that. Well, I have attached a youtube video at the bottom that explains every step in a simple and easy-to-understand manner.
STEP 2– Find out the manufacturer of that product, (most people prefer to get the products manufactured in China because it’s cheap. Alibaba.com is the best option to search for manufacturers. This too is explained in the video.)
STEP 3– Shipping your products from China to the US. Here you will have to find two or 3 shipping companies. There are 2 types of shipping Air and Ocean.
STEP 4– Listing and Marketing the product on Amazon and running Amazon ads.
STEP 5– When people will start buying your product, Amazon will cut its fees and send you the money, that you make in sales every 2 weeks. The money is directly deposited into your bank account.
You will need to pay the following fees for FBA Services:
- Storage of your products in the Amazon fulfillment center.
- Increased exposure for your products on Amazon. in.
- Picking and packing of your products when a customer orders them.
- Shipping of your products to the customer.
- Customer service and returns supported by Amazon for products sold on Amazon. In.
*Note– Since you are not selling your products in India, You may have to register your business in the US. To know more about this check our blog on How To Incorporate Your Bussiness In the US (Add link)
All this might look easy to read but in reality, it requires a good amount of commitment and dedication.
If you are new to this then you might face a lot of challenges. It’s better to have a Mentor who will guide and coach you through the entire process. They will help you select the right product, search for a cheap and reliable manufacturer, Find out a pocket-friendly shipping company, and finally market your product the right way.
With 10 years of experience under its belt, D4Commerce will make the entire process of Learning, Executing, and Earning very Smooth and quick for you.
Also, If you lack funds to start your business, then along with mentorship we will also provide investment starting *Q4 2023 for your business.
You can check out our crash course on how to start your International Ecommerce business, and sell your products in the USA and earn in dollars.
Again, I would like to emphasize that this will not make you rich overnight, but if you hustle hard you can earn a good amount of dollars from the comfort of your home.
If blogging appeals to you, then you can start your own blog and earn in Dollars through Google Adsense.
Basically, you will have to start your blog and apply for Google Adsense. If your blog is approved by Google, then it will start paying you for displaying ads on your blog.
Again you cannot earn much just through Google Ads, most successful bloggers earn by selling their courses, books, affiliate marketing, their products, or a combination of all of them.
How To Start A Blog
- Zero down the Niche about which you would love to write For e.g., Yoga, dancing, painting, etc.
- Brainstorm Blog Topics. Keep at least a list of 10 topics ready, so that when your blog is live, you have a bank of content ready. It will make the journey of starting your blog smooth. Reading about topics related to your niche will give you ideas on the topics you can write about. You can also search for Keywords, to find the topics.
- Pick a Hosting Platform for your blog. If you want to earn money through Google Adsense then you will have to choose a hosting platform that makes you the owner of your website (Most free websites do not allow this) For e.g., you cannot signup for Google Adsense from Google.com because it is not your site.
I would suggest you use WordPress paid subscription as your hosting platform.
- Select your Blog Name and Domain- You can use your name, your business name (if you have one), or a creative name. It’s better if your name is related to your niche.
- Set Up and Design Your Blog- It includes the pages you want to include, creating your logo, choosing your blog template, etc.
- Blog Writing Process- For each and every blog you will need to follow these steps to increase the traffic to your website.
- Start with keyword research
- Write an interesting blog post title using keywords
- Outline your main points, using keywords
- Write engaging content
- Insert relevant images
- Optimize for SEO
- Edit and publish
- Write blogs consistently- Aim to write at least 11 blogs per month. Work on your storytelling skills, it will increase the quality of your content and make your blog interesting.
- Promote your blogs on social networking sites to increase their reach.
Eligibility For Google Adsense
- You must be over 18 years of age
- You must own your site
- Your site must have unique and interesting content
- Your blog should not have copyrighted content
- Your site should have sufficient traffic
I would like to point out that all this requires constant effort, learning, and improvement from your end. There is intense competition here as well, so it is important that you practice writing and develop your unique voice, this will help pull the audience to your website. It will also distinguish your content from other bloggers.
4. Affiliate Marketing
This is an advertising method where businesses pay a commission to an Affiliate. An Affiliate is someone who earns money by promoting and selling other people’s products.
Based on how many products or services the affiliate is able to sell, they earn a commission. The companies give an affiliate link to the affiliates, the affiliates have to promote these products through their blogs, youtube, or any other social media account. Sales are tracked via those affiliate links, and commissions are calculated and sent accordingly.
How to Get Started?
As a beginner, it’s best to start Affiliate marketing with Amazon Associates. It is one of the biggest affiliate marketing in the world. For Amazon Associates, you will need to have your own blog.
Amazon also has an Amazon Influencer Program. For this, you will need to have a social media account with a sizeable following.
Once you gain some experience you can partner with other affiliate programs that are more specific to your niche.
For e.g., If you are into beauty niche you have BH Cosmetics Affiliate Program, If you are into traveling niche then you can work with Sandals Affiliate Program
To earn in dollars you will have to choose affiliate programs from the US, even European companies will pay you good commission for that matter.
Again earning money through an affiliate needs patience, you will need to select the right products that are specific to your niche and create valuable content around those products. So that it motivates people to buy or at least check out the product.
Spend time and effort to know your target consumers better, this will help you select the right product.
Affiliate marketing in itself might not pay you much, it’s best if you supplement it with another source of income like freelancing, Google Adsense, or Youtube.
Some Methods That Affiliate Programs Follow:
- Pay Per Click (PPC): You make money based on the number of visitors redirected by your affiliate link to the advertiser’s website.
- Pay Per Sale (PPS): You make money when the purchase is completed. The advertiser pays you a percentage of the sale.
- Pay Per Lead (PPL): You make money when visitors provide their contact info on the advertiser’s website.
5. Invest In International Market
You can invest in US stocks from India, but if you are new to the stock market, I would advise you to stay away from this.
There are two ways to Invest in International Market:
Direct Investment Option
Here you have two options
- Global Trading Account with a Domestic Agent
Many domestic brokers have collaborations with US stockbrokers and work as intermediaries for your trades. You can open an account in any one of them. Depending on the brokerage firm, your investments can be subject to restrictions on the kinds of investments you can utilize or the number of trades you can conduct.
- Overseas Trading Account with a Foreign Broker
You can also set up a trading account for international markets with an international broker having a presence in India. Thoroughly study the costs and terms before opening the account. Conduct deep research before selecting the best broker to purchase US stocks from India.
Direct investment costs may be high because of brokerage and exchange rate charges. Take into account all the expenses before opening an account.
Indirect Investment Options
- Mutual funds
You can invest in US stocks through international mutual fund programs, most of the mutual funds invest in the US market.
- Exchange-Traded Funds
Exchange-Traded Fund (ETF) units are traded on the stock market during trading hours only. For this, you will need to have a Demat account with a brokerage house.
- Investment Apps
Several start-ups have released mobile apps to assist Indian investors in making investments in the US stock markets. Do your research and find out the one that will suit your needs the best.
- Freelancing is the safest, cheapest, and quickest way to start earning in dollars,
- If you have Capital and are interested in Business then Amazon FBA is the best option.
- If you have capital, knowledge, experience, and the capacity to take risks then you can think about investing in the US Stock Market.
- If you want to do this as a side hustle then youtube, Google Adsense, and Affiliate marketing is the best choice.