Imagine having a mirror that helps you to transform all your body flaws into one of your most significant assets.
How COOL would that be!!
That is precisely what PORTL aims to do. Portal is a life-size interactive mirror, which can be your home Gym with built-in personal training.
Every user’s requirements and health conditions are unique, this technology gives you only relevant workouts.
Portl helps you with customizing your workout, and with its unique technology, it constantly monitors to give you real-time feedback and guidance.
Let us explore the features, benefits, and price of this magical mirror.
- Fits seamlessly in your house– The compact design of The Portl Studio makes it easy to fit anywhere in your house. Whether it’s in a busy studio apartment or a roomy basement, it does not require much space.
- Personalized On-Demand Workouts for every individual- From cardio and strength to yoga and boxing, enjoy live sessions and on-demand personalized classes and programs anytime at your convenience.
- AI-Based Real-time form Feedback- Don’t just sweat it out, perfect every move with instant AI-form feedback. As you train, their AI sensors track your movements, deliver instant form feedback, and provide guidance in every workout to keep you progressing toward your fitness goals.
- Train with certified and qualified coaches
- Health Tracking and Monitoring- The Portl Studio comes with a pocket-sized bio-sense device that can track your ECG, Blood sugar, temperature, blood pressure, and more. This allows you to make smarter health choices every day.
- Buddy Workouts- Work out with your friends and family with the Portl Studio. Whether you want to do yoga with a friend or kickbox with the whole family. With Portl’s Buddy Mode, you can now exercise & compete with your friends and make your workout a lot more fun.
- Never miss your workout- This feature is designed to let you set a reminder for yourself letting you know when it’s time to get your workout in.
- 43” High-Resolution Multi-Touch LCD Display
- HD Camera & Omni-Directional Microphone
- Bluetooth & Wi-Fi connectivity
- Compatible with your android smartwatch
- 1-year warranty
- Free delivery and installation of PAN India
- 6-month subscription included
- 6 individual profiles per device.
They have a wide range of workouts forms and types, that are categorized into 4 elements of nature: Water, Air, Fir, and Earth
Earth: Strength and Conditioning
Strength training is where you train by contracting and exerting your muscles against resistance, to increase overall muscular strength. This training involves stressing your body with resistance training which tears down your muscles. Your body rebuilds those muscles even stronger.
Fire: HIIT Workouts
HIIT workouts are intense and incorporate full-body, compound exercises that are done in short, intense bursts, followed by short, sometimes active rest. You can burn a lot of calories in a short span of time, boosts metabolism, lose fat without losing muscle, and reduce Blood pressure.
Water: Mobility Workouts
Dance is one format of Mobility based workout programs we offer where you build flexibility while getting into shape. Subsequently, you also build stamina and overall health. Helps heal aches and pains, while strengthening your bones and muscles.
Air: Yoga and Meditation
Deep breathing and being mindful are two elements that work wonders for our overall health. We offer various types of meditation programs that will help users restore balance and focus on all three aspects of our body – physical, mental, and emotional.
Mission: They strive to create personalized Fitness, Wellness & Lifestyle experiences and empower people to realize their best potential through their innovative hardware, software, and services.
Portl has a bioscreen that analyses the users on 4 health vitals:
- Health Vitals- It scans your 6 unique health vitals and accordingly determines what workout shouldn’t be given.
- Portl Fitness test
- User preference
- Interaction with mirror
Their system and sensors analyze all your activities and accordingly suggest what should be the next workout.
Price: ₹1 lakh 25 thousand.
- Indraneel Gupta (CEO)– Technology specialist with over 9 years of experience in Sensors, Imaging, Machine Vision, Hardware Design,3D Printing, and Manufacturing.
- Armaan Kandhari (COO)– Ex-Uber Operations Head (Payment & Growth) for India and S/E Asia, Armaan brings several years of expertise in scaling Operations and Supply-chain for faster & more efficient growth
- Vishal Chandepeta(CTO)– Vishal has 9 years of experience in the technology sector, from Mixed signal microchip verification and design to building automated photogrammetry solutions with drones
Indraneel and Armaan were school friends and Indraneel played cricket till the state level and is a fitness enthusiast. Vishal was born and brought up in the U.S.
All three of them have made the hardware and software of Portl.
Social Media Accounts
Funding asked from the sharks
₹1.5 crores for 1% equity at ₹150 crores valuation
Portl Funding and Sales
Portal was launched in March 2020. In June they had a seed round (a seed funding round is when the founders feel is necessary in order to successfully get their company off the ground) of ₹7.5 crores at ₹30 crore valuation.
From June to April, they made the product, content, and team and in April 2022 they started sales.
Currently, they have 50 portl studios and 5000+ confirm orders
Their Gross Margin:
- 45% for direct customers
- 30% if they sell through distributors
- 52% in the international market
Their projected annual burn is ₹3 crores at the EBITA level. (According to the founders the reason behind it is they haven’t spent much on marketing).
Their monthly burn is ₹26 lakhs. Monthly sales is ₹10 lakhs and monthly expenses is ₹36 lakhs.
- 64% with the founders
- 11% ESOP
- 5% with Kalaari Capital (seed round investor)
Deal or No Deal?
- Anupam Mittal- ₹1.5 crores for 5% equity. ₹30 crore valuation
- Vineeta Singh- ₹50 lakh for 1% equity and ₹1 crore debt at 12% interest
- Aman, Namita, and Peyush- 1 crore for 2.5% equity
Counteroffer from founders to Aman, Namita, and Peyush- ₹1.5 crores for 2.5% equity. ₹1crore debt with 12% interest.
Aman, Namita, and Peyush’s final offer- ₹1.5 crores for 2.5%equity at ₹60 crores valuation
Their final offer was accepted by the founders, and the deal was secured.
Do you think that this product has the potential to disrupt the fitness industry? Could AI mirrors replace human personal trainers?
The preference for AI over human beings is already a subject of debate. Would their introduction to the fitness industry negatively impact the livelihood of human personal trainers? I guess that only time would tell.
We would, however, like to know whether would you be willing to make Portl your workout companion. Do let us know your preference through comments.
You might also be interested in reading our reviews on: