The Vision of Primebook is to provide affordable laptops, to 23 crore Indian kids who have never used laptops. So that they can gain knowledge and develop skills through apps.
The two reasons because of why these kids have never used laptops are:
- Most of the learning apps are android, and windows are not compatible with android apps.
- They are expensive.
That is why Primebook has come up with an affordable laptop that supports android apps. It is a 4G a cutting-edge learning laptop, that is designed to help students learn through apps. This laptop is equipped to provide a seamless and easy learning experience.
Their pitch in Shark Tank India season 2 was successful in arousing the interest of some of the sharks.
Keep on reading to explore this brand and its laptops in detail.
Primebook android Laptop Review
Primebook is basically a phone that is adapted into a laptop with some changes. It operates just like a regular laptop and is easy to operate.
The best part about this brand is that they have its own software called Prime OS. I will tell you more about this software. Before that let us see what other benefits they have over other laptops.
- They have developed an android app ecosystem and the majority of the apps for kids’ learning are android. So these laptops are ideal for learning from android apps.
- Price to performance ratio. Android is designed to work efficiently in 10 thousand hardware seamlessly. Whereas windows are not designed to allow the smooth functioning of android apps.
Let us check some of its features:
- 4G SIM connectivity, allowing you to learn and stay connected from anywhere, at any time.
- With the MediaTek chipset’s advanced architecture and cutting-edge technology, it is capable of delivering speedy performance.
- Its integrated MDM (Mobile Device Management) feature allows
- Parental control
- Usage limit
- Safe browsing
- History Access
- Timeline access.
Features of Primebook:
- 2 MP Camera for smooth video calls
- Ram 4 GB
- The screen size is 11.6 inches
- Storage is 64 GB (expandable upto 200 GB)
- Battery 10+ hours.
Till now they have 1 million+ prime OS users. It has a 1-year warranty and has 350 service stations.
Primebook OS Download
PrimeOS (their software) is specifically designed for learners, based on the Android 11 ecosystem, it allows you to use thousands of apps optimized for a laptop screen.
With their software PrimeOS, learning on a laptop is more interactive and engaging.
They also have their own app store to give users access to more than 10,000 android apps that are entertaining, educational, and creative.
With Prime OS you have control at Your Fingertips with Key Mapping:
- Keyboard Mapping- Custom Key Mapping for Seamless Control
- Touchpad Mapping- Assign Specific Controls to your Touchpad Clicks
Prime OS & Prime OS Download And Installation
Click on the link to download prime Os from the Official website.
launch the downloaded file.
Click next to process the installation steps
After installation restart your computer and Reboot your PrimeOS.
Primebook Laptop Price
When they made an appearance on Shark Tank India their price was ₹15,000 thousand. Click to check their current price on Flipkart.
However, they have plans to bring down the price further through Affiliate partnerships (It is an agreement between affiliate programs, businesses, or individuals to jointly promote each other’s products and services)
They are also planning to put Prebundle content in the apps so that those apps will pay for them. They will also put chipset stickers and get money from them.
Their ODM (original design manufacturers) said that when they scale their production to 20 thousand pieces their manufacturing cost will come down by 10%.
They are also considering many other ways to bring the price to 5 thousand to 6 thousand rupees.
Primebook India and Founders
Primebook is the brainchild of 4 people. Chitranshu Mahant (20% equity), Aman Verma (20% equity), Pankaj Rawat (5% equity), and Umang Lekha (15% equity).
Chitranshu and Aman were studying together at IIT Delhi together. Chitranhu met Umang when he went to his college as a speaker and they met Pankaj through common friends.
They had one theory that in 1980 when the computer was introduced, it was used by Scientists and researchers. In 2000 when windows came it expanded to the business sector. In 2020 they believe that the new category of users will be students.
Now mostly all education apps are android and the better form of learning is a laptop, so they merged both of them to form this product.
They Import many of their parts from China, but it is assembled in India.
Social Media Accounts
Instagram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Website
Funding asked from the sharks
₹75 lakhs for 1.5% equity at ₹50 crore valuation.
Sales of the company
They sold 3000 laptops till June 2022.
For the 3rd quarter of 2022, (this is at the time when they shot them in shark tank India) their estimated sales will be 3000 laptop pieces to Edtech and NGOs. They have also had 10,000 OES (their software) purchases.
The total amount they have raised.
In 2018 ₹1 crore was raised at the valuation of ₹6 crores.
In 2019 ₹1 crore was raised at the valuation of ₹14 crores.
In 2021 ₹2 crores were raised at ₹1.5 crores.
Their revenue in July 2022 was ₹20 lakhs.
Deal or No deal?
Aman offered ₹75 lakhs for 4% equity.
Vineeta offered ₹75 lahks for 3% equity.
Peyush offered ₹75 lakhs for 4% equity.
Anupam offered ₹75 lakhs for 3% equity.
The founders gave the counter offer of ₹75 lakhs for 2.5% equity.
The deal was sealed at 3% equity with Peyush Bansal and Aman Gupta.
Laptops are one of the best ways to give the highest quality education to kids facing financial crunch without any geographical barriers.
We hope that primebook succeeds in its mission to give a path to young children to pursue their dreams. By providing the means for a child from an ordinary family to gain knowledge and skills to build a better life for their family.
- Econiture furniture that uses recycled plastics to make furniture
- Atmosphere Kombucha Gut-healing probiotic drink.
- Credmate app that collects the data of habitual defaulters
- GIRGIT color-changing apparel brand.
- Haqdarshak app makes people aware of government schemes according to their eligibility.